Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Precious Co-Signer

For my first podcast interview, my distinguished guest was Lamont Pierre, an independent filmmaker by way of Florida. He had also interned under Lee Daniels during the fall that Precious was being wrapped. This is what he had to say:












On Precious:
I remember being in the elevator with Lee in his building one day and I think he had just screened it for some people and he asked me again, for the umpteenth time and was like really, what did you think of it. Because I actually got a chance to see Precious with him one day. He screened it for me. And I told him in the elevator. I was like, look, this film is going to be my generations The Color Purple. And it is. And I stand by that today. People are not ready for this film. They're not ready. 

On Precious' Cast:
Mo'Nique was awesome. Gaby Sidle, Precious, Mariah!I can't stress this enough. You know what, people can hate all they want to until the release date in November. And then it's going to silence everybody. So, it's cool Mariah, just deal with it for a few more months. When that movie comes out, that will be all she wrote. Cause that woman acted her ass off. Excuse my language. She can act her butt off. And this film. She just does it. Like, she does it. Paula Patton. In my opinion, she's giving you Halle-Berryisms, with her performance. Everybody in that film did such a great job

Precious Predictions:
I know [Lee Daniels] is very very proud of it. I'm very proud of it to. It was my film. I wish it was my film. It's going to be a hit in many ways. Not only is it going to be critically acclaimed, I think it's going to be great financially for everyone involved. Everybody needs to watch out for that film.


Listen to The Modern-Day Micheaux Podcast Series here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment